Wednesday, October 15, 2008

100 things about me

I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I'd see if I can even come up with 100 things about myself.

1. I'm 6 feet tall
2. My first day of high school the basketball coach walked up to me and said I was on the team.
3. I didn't like it. So I quit. (quitting is not good, I'm not proud of this)
4. I love volleyball
5. We were state champions 2 years in a row. (Jr. and Sr. year)
6. We were ranked 1st in the nation
7. I turned down a scholarship offer to UCI and somewhere else.. can't remember....dumb.
8. I met Phillip when I was 14. He was 19.
9. I joined the church in 1986 when he was on his mission in Ireland
10. My best friend invited me take the discussions and that was that.
11. I was 15.
12. my first job was at Golden Spoon
13. I wanted to be a doctor until I saw a human dissection. Too emotional. Made me sick.
14. I think the human body is amazing.
15. I love to workout... well, love is a strong word. Maybe I should say, I love the way I feel after I workout.
16. I love to read church books.
17. I occasionally read novels and like that too
18. I love to write but it's takes me a long time to figure out how to say things to really fit what I feel.
19. I worry a lot
20. Yoga helps
21. Running until you feel like you are going to puke helps too.
22. I might not finish this list
23. I used to love to decorate my house and now, lately, it doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm sad because my house needs some love right now.
24. I love my kids more than life.
25. I think sometimes I'm too easy on them... then other times I think I'm too hard on them.
26. I wonder if that will ever change.
27. One of my friends from high school died last week. I cried.
28. His funeral was nice and I didn't realize I would see so many people from the stake where I joined the church. It was wonderful.
29. One of my worst fears is losing one of my children. I just don't think I could ever get over it.
30. I want my kids to bury me, (when I'm 95) not the other way around.
31. I want my family to serve banana cake at my funeral and I want someone to sing How Great Thou Art.
32. I love to laugh
33. Phillip can make me laugh like no other.
34. But one time I laughed so hard because of something Tanner said, I had tears rolling down my face.
35. Being tall has always made me self conscious
36. I really have so many other things I should be doing right now
37. It's hard for me to take time for myself without guilt
38. I'm nervous about stake leadership training on Thursday night.
39. I really really hate speaking in front of large groups
40. When I'm done, I'm usually grateful for how it's helped me learn.
41. I study my scriptures more when I have to teach or speak.
42. Yes... I know, it's good for me. But that doesn't make it any easier.
43. I keep a list in my journal of things I love.
44. One of those things is the first 5 minutes of bubble gum
45. Another one is a new black t-shirt.
46. I'm scared of prints. But I force myself to buy them sometimes.
47. I hate diet coke.
48. But I do love some people that like it.
49. I hate fake sugar of any kind. It's just wrong.
50. I love babies.
51. I don't think I can have anymore and not lose my mind.
52. All the young moms in my ward make me feel old.
53. I am worried that Tanner can drive now.
54. I am worried that Tanner has a girlfriend now.
55. I always thought I'd be a cooler mom about driving and girlfriends
56. I'm still best friends with my best friend from 6th grade. (she is the one who invited me to church)
57. She was crazy fun and I loved that.
58. I'm not a fun leader, but I am a fun follower.
59. My favorite weather is when it's cold outside and the sky is super blue with giant puffy clouds.
60. I love ribbon.
61. Once, I spent $100.00 on ribbon :/
62. My feet are always cold
63. I love flip flops
64. Phillip says thats why my feet are always cold
65. I have always wanted to learn to play the piano
66. I play the flute. well, playED the flute, it's been a long time.
67. I can sew.
68. I made my drapes and valances in my kitchen and family room. It upsets me to look at them too closely.
69. I just made 2 pillows for my couch.
70. I am working on my young womanhood medallion
71. I love picking out fabric
72. black and white is my favorite
73. I love color too, but, I'm too practical. (except when it comes to ribbon)
74. I don't like deciding what to have for dinner... someone is always mad about it.
75. I love to make my family happy.
76. I like to bake goodies more than cook meals.
77. my 2o year reunion is coming up
78. I need to lose 20 lbs but i've been saying that for 3 years now.
79. It might be impossible, i'd be happy with 10 but settling upsets me.
80. I can't believe it's almost Christmas
81. I would love it if someone stole everything in our garage (except our car) and it was empty.
82. I want to go away with Phillip again.
84. I love him
85. I am so grateful for our life together
86. I worry about him too.
87. I had so much fun playing volleyball last week.
88. I was so sore
89. I'm not a quitter anymore, so I am going to finish this list
90. I don't like clutter.
91. It frustrates me to have cabinets full of things we don't use.
92. I would get rid of more things if Phillip would let me.
93. I could get rid of things and he would never figure it out.
94. I think I might get rid of some things soon.
95. I like to call cleaning my house... appreciating my house.
96. Just when I think my faith is so strong I am reminded how weak I really am.
97. The young women choir brought tears to my eyes on Sunday
98. I thought I'd be more confident at 37, than I am.
99. I love watching Emily play volleyball, Chad play basketball, Tanner play tennis, and Kate swim.
100. ummmmmmmm. oh, I want to buy a kayak, strap it to the roof of my car, go somewhere beautiful, and paddle around a lake all day long in the warm sun and eat an oatmeal cookie.






No comments: