Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This is My Beloved Son



This is my beloved son... I could swear that the last time I checked, Tanner was 17.  One might think otherwise looking at this picture.  This is his senior crown, apparently other 17 year olds were wearing crowns they made too, that day.  Or... this is just what he tells me when he notices the slight concern, for his sanity, on my face.   In case you haven't had the pleasure of listening to Tanner tell you about Gundums, which is what this crown represents, allow me to enlighten you...They are a Japanese animated science fiction phenomenon that has spurred all sorts of action figures and models that look like robots but are really weapons that supposedly "protect" the universe.




Really, could there be anything cooler?  um  yes.  But don't tell Tanner.  However, nothing brings me greater happiness than knowing my, almost 18 year old son, still has some little boy left in him.  Plus someday, he just may build a real one.  Now, THAT would be cool.  AND if there wasn't more to Tanner i would worry, but there is oh so much more to that young man to make a mom proud. He...
loves to make us laugh and





He has courage




to do what is right.



 He is loving



He is tolerant



He is a good judge of character



He knows how to work hard



He knows how to have fun



and best of all, he is mine... and i love him.
 


one more year and we will have to let him go. 
Just so you know, I might die a little.

4 comments:

Todd + Emily said...

Tanner + AWESOME!!! I love him!! And you did a GREAT job at raising him!!! That picture of him at church with his scriptures is such a good picture!!! Love his senior crown : )

the Chandler chronicles said...

I can't imagine having to let my little boy go, but i know it'll be here tomorrow. I love your family, so awesome!!! =)

Unknown said...

love him...love your blog...love you!

melissa gargalis said...

love this sweet post. I can't imagine all my little men leaving me. It will be hard, but you'll survive. My mom has three boys and she misses them like crazy when they go on missions. But after each one comes home and gets back to "normal" she wonders why she missed them so much! =P kinda funny huh? Tanner is a good lookin kid, watch out when he comes home from his mission.