Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Petty? Perhaps.
I have learned a couple petty things about myself recently and since I am willing to do, just about, anything to avoid preparing my seminary lesson... here you go...
I really really don't care for stores that smell.
Of anything.
I just want it to smell like air.
Plain air.
Nothing flowery please.
Nothing perfumey.
Nothing musty.
Especially nothing rank.
Just nothing.
That would be awesome.
Also, lots of stuff upsets me.
There is a certain store that I visited recently.
It is soo jam packed full of stuff.
There is stuff all the way up to the ceiling,
on every square inch of the wall,
even down the middle of every walk way,
and covering every horizontal surface.
STUFF as far as the eye can see.
AND it smells.
I had exactly 3 minutes of tolerance in there and then I started to self destruct.
I fell out of the doors like I was crossing a marathon finish line gasping for air.
Plain air...that smells like nothing.
I didn't think I was petty.
Here's to being honest with myself.
Please tell me that you are petty too. Occasionally?
I'll feel so much better about myself.
Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
...I so wish we lived closer, too. Maybe one day...
maybe you're pregnant if these smells are bothering you so badly? just a thought....
i too like a clean smelling store that is organized.
oh Sara.....
you are the LEAST petty person I know! Honesty is a great quality! Sometimes I am too honest (or petty) and the family doesn't like what I have to say, but that doesn't make me feel it any less. I think you should open your own store that smells like air and has nothing on any flat surfaces!
ps I am dying to know where you were!
Dear Procrastinator,
tell me you are talking about bed, bath & beyond? I hate the smell in that store. they actually spray everything with that scent in their factory. i am petty enough that I called corporate to complain about the smell and learned that little tid-bit.
Sincerely,
Olfactoress
Post a Comment