Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Chad




My Chad.  He is 11.  OH so 11;  can't sit still, hates doing errands that take him away from his video games, hates taking showers,  and is starting to be much more vocal about his opinion (and injustice) , but is the most loving 11 year old boy I know.  He is just weeks away from turning 12 now and he is looking forward to moving out of primary at church and on to mutual night with the big kids.  I'm not sure how he could be turning 12 because it was just recently that he was a baby smiling from ear to ear and toddler playing with hot wheels and a tiny boy hooking our office chair up to the back of his bike and giving rides to the neighbor kids over his jump, for fun.  He loves being busy and loves being outside and has since he was a baby.  He use pull himself up to the front window of our house when he was just learning how to walk and cry as he watched the older kids play outside as if to say, "Hey, I'm missing all the fun in here.  No fair."  I use to race through my chores early so I could sit out in front with him and let him play when the big kids got home from school.  He would stand on the curb and holler at the older kids on their scooters until they let him have a ride or let him play on their scooter for a while.  It actually got so bad at one point that i packed all the kids in the car and just drove to the store and bought a scooter so we could have far less drama in our lives each day.  We sooo did not have the money to do this, but I was desperate for peace...And so it goes to this day, he must be busy and he must play, it is in his blood.






 He plays hard but boy oh boy he sleeps hard too and he is so easy to love.  I feel so lucky to be his mom.



Sweet sleepy chad.

2 comments:

melissa gargalis said...

such a sweet post. I'm guessing in about 11 1/2 years, I may have similar one for my little Lukey, who won't be so little then...how the time goes.

I'd love your recipe can you email it to me, not sure if I have your address. Mine's gregnmelissa@hotmail.com. thanks!

The Gray Family said...

Love that kid! I remember the first time I saw him....he was standing up with his class in primary doing sharing time. I wondered why this kid (who was obviously 8 or 9) was standing with a bunch of five year olds :>)