Very Few things inspire me anymore.
This is a problem because I need inspiration.
Desperately sometimes.
Thankfully there are still a couple things that, without fail, motivate me, inspire me, and even have to power to make me want to workout.
I know what you are thinking...
Now, THAT is some good stuff!
And yes... yes it is... but sadly, it only lasts 3 minutes and 59 seconds.
Not quite long enough to find my running shoes and get them on.
It's a song from the Rocky movie called Eye Of The Tiger.
Here are some of the lyrics for your reading pleasure.
Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance
Now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive
It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger
Risin' up straight to the top
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance
Now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive
This song is genius. Where do we find wisdom like this is songs from today? I will admit, "Get Jiggy Wit It" is great advice but it doesn't hold a candle to "[Don't] trade your passion for glory" or "Don't lose a grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive."(Every mother needs this song on their ipod.)
My "will to survive" is shrinking over the years so I am thankful for a ferocious broach that found itself into my life via some friends a few years ago. I always have her close by.
Here she is, in all her glory.
Hideous I know...
But I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You're starting to sound your age...argh. You're still young and as in charge of your life as ever...just slowing down a little. Don't give up that tiger...or those dreams. Someday you'll look back and wonder how you did so much every day...those days come soon enough. Don't give up that tiger...
Post a Comment