Monday, March 5, 2012

Things I remember about February

1. Pain.  Like never before, pain.  New health problems that keep life interesting but not deadly.
2. Cinnamon lips.  Oh sweet sweet cinnamon lips. 
3. A birthday party for Kate that I lost all the pictures of. See number 11. We... SHE and her friends rock climbed and we all ate Miguels.  
4. Pantry Cleanup and out.  Partly because of number 1 and number 9  and number 2 but also because it was a mess.
5. Mudroom Redo.  No.  More.  Mess.  Yay.
6. Chad's Basketball Games.  Had a 16 point game this last week.  I am a fan.  
7. Brought our Closet to 2012 which means we said goodbye to some things from the 1900's.
8. Valentines.   My valentine bought me a purse I had my eye on and filled it with more cinnamon lips.
9.  A Diet.  Only lost 6 lbs...See number 2 and number 3 and number 8 and number 10.  Phillip loses 12 lbs just by not drinking soda and I want to punch him in the face.
10. Our 22nd Wedding Anniversary.  Best Dinner of my Life.  If you haven't ever had the made to order red velvet cake at Tapp's go NOW.  I mean drop everything and go now.  They frost it at your table with creamy cream cheese frosting and top it with fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and candied pecans.  Its the perfect celebratory cake.  Just enough to make you sick but wasn't the cause of number 1 but absolutely was the cause of number 9. 
11. Lost my two week old phone.  Yes.  I have never cried over a lost material possession.  Until now. Syri and I were bonding. I think I lo lo love her.  However, I did ask her if she can be changed to a man's voice... with an English Accent. 
12.  Preston leaves for MTC and Emily cries... I promise, she will survive.  
13.  Kyle ordained to the office of an Elder.  Phillips' childhood friend, Danny, passed away at 32 leaving his wife, Dawn and 2 kids, Kyle and Kara.  Kyle is the oldest and is getting ready to leave on a mission. We are so proud of him and the choices he is making in spite of the tragedy of losing his father when he was 8. He is a good boy.  Yay Kyle and way to go Dawn! We love you guys.
14.  Out of town guests, the Irelands, also here for Kyle, and it was so fun to catch up and enjoy time with them.
15.  The sun started coming up on my drive to seminary and I am feeling happier everyday.
16.  Tanner thriving in Colombia.  Only 362 more days until I hug my boy again.  I cry just thinking about it.


  

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

sorry to hear things have been so crazy...are you ok? Can I come see you soon?

That's My Llife said...

Love your Feb notes...

...realized we bought our fons the same week. Just like our the washer/dryer purchases. Warn me next time & we'll shop together. What fun...love Siri too. Glad you have her again. Wish I had 1 for the house too.

#12 soooo reminds me of you when Phillip left on his mission. Did Em miss school for a week like you did?