I should be making dinner but I can't stop thinking about the girl in this picture.
When did my sweet little baby get so tall?
I remember her being more like this...
Just looking at her in these pictures I can smell her and feel her warm cheeks up next to mine.
I remember laying in bed with her every night to help her fall asleep when she looked like this
She would twist my hair. I would sing.
"When ever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky
when ever I feel the rain on my face or the wind and it rushes by..."
and
"... I walk by faith
a daughter of heavenly parents
divine am I in nature by inheritance..."
When exactly did I stop doing that?
When did her obsession with baby dolls, Pooh Bear and Hello Kitty come to an end?
When did she start keeping her shoes on and stop crying about those fit provoking sock seams?
When exactly did she change?
What happened to my little baby girl?
When did she turn into this?
and this?
When did she finally outgrow this?
and start turning into this
all those years I fretted that the phases would never end. The up all night phases, the temper tantrums in target phases, the hating school or feeling like she had no friends phases. The putting friends before family phase and the phone over family phase. All that worry... for what?
For her, to eventually turn into this...
A girl who knows who she is and all she can become. And... as much as I miss her soft and rosy newborn cheeks and her quirky little toddler habits and her falling asleep in my arms...
I am so blessed
with my beautiful 15 year old version of my sweet (not so little) baby Emily.
you still melt my heart.












10 comments:
I love her too! what a great post!
You just melted mine! what a sweet and tender post. Now you have to print it for her, or make it into a little book on Snapfish! What a beautiful tribute to a girl who if she keeps it up, will be a stunning woman of faith, and hope and love like her mom!
You did an AWESOME job with her!! She is everything you said!!! I love her!!!!
she is gorgeous. i felt like i was looking at adds... wish i knew emily better. she seems like a sweetheart.
hey- by the way- i want to try your grilled panini from your other blog. could you emial it to me?? katmthompson@yahoo.com
Wow, she looks like a fashion model in that first pic! I love this post, it reminds me to not fret over the phases and tantrums, the sock seem fits!!! (that is so my kids) that these snap shots are not the totality of who my kids will become. thanks for the huge chunk of perspective :)
that first picture of Emily is totally model worthy! I love that girl. It is so nice to read that at some point they will grow out of the phases we don't care so much for...Emily is such a cute girl!
she is a beautiful girl, who looks JUST LIKE her momma!
that is one HOT girl! watch out mom... you are in for it! Im sure you have already hit that phase! we are still laying in bed with Jackson while he falls asleep... what a sweet time!
the tears are streaming down my face... i need to start reading blogs again! this is so wonderful & i needed to hear this... because we are still in the "temper tantrums in target" phase. and it's tough sometimes. thank sara... i love you & i love hearing your thoughts through the beautiful way you write. xo
You made me cry.
Post a Comment