Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
And this is how it goes...
Thought: My skirt is tight, I need to stop eating so much. Tomorrow I am going to start eating healthier and less.
Next day: Healthy breakfast.
Thought: I'm doing it. I am so determined. This is easy.
Noon same day: Consume humus and pita chips until bag is almost empty.
Thought: Well, you have eaten too much...FAIL.
Enter devil: Hey flunky reject*, there is left over zucchini bread on the counter. If you eat it now at least it will be gone so tomorrow it will no longer be here to tempt you.
Thought: Hey, I am not a flunky reject (and listen buster, there will be no name calling in this house) and I am not going to eat that bread, the second I have swallowed it I will hate myself, however joyful those few seconds will be while chewing.
Twelve thirty same day: Consume 1/2 of a piece of zucchini bread.
Twelve thirty five same day: Consume another 1/2 piece of zucchini bread.
Twelve forty same day: Consume last bit of zucchini bread counting it as less than a whole piece because its the end piece.
Thought: How many servings of vegetables are in a half of a piece of this bread? I'm so responsible to be eating vegetables like this, I am so not a flunky reject.
Thought: I better eat one more, zucchini is so good for me.
Thought: I'll just finish that last piece, its too little to save and too wasteful to throw away. I'm so responsible not being wasteful, I am so not a flunky reject.
Enter devil: Hey flunky reject, there is halloween candy on the counter, since you have already blown the day, eat some and get it out of your system, then tomorrow you can start being healthy again.
Thought: My skirt is tight, I think I need to stop eating so much. Tomorrow I'm going to start eating healthier and less so tonight I'll just eat what ever I want to... since tomorrow i'm starting fresh and all.
Seven o'clock same day: Sugar headache and sick stomach from halloween candy.
Thought: Why do I do this to myself? I am a flunky reject. I really have learned my lesson this time.
Next day: Healthy breakfast.
Thought: I am doing it. I am so determined. This is easy.
Enter devil...
Stop thee insanity!
*its a gem. i'm forever in your debt.



7 comments:
where are you're happy blogs? i miss those
i love these real blogs! this is sooo my daily conversation. Thank you for being you and making me laugh. you are sooo funny and so not a reject of any kind!
I don't remember logging on to your blog and writting. But I must have because this sure sounds like me!!! Thank heavens for tomorrow!
ok I am laughing now because I have definitely had some of those conversations with myself! And no, you are definitely not a flunky reject :>)
Hmmm, do other people have these conversations too? Wow! Really? ;) I've giving up trying to change my food, I am just trying to move more, which I am starting, well, yeah, I'll do it tomorrow...
Tis truly an honor to be quoted by someone with such amazing writing ability. To celebrate this occasion, I will now partake of the last Halloween kitkat bar. Flunky rejects unite!! :)
i bow to your genius kimmy. and now, thanks for the kitkat thought, i'm afraid i must partake.
Post a Comment