Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chaddy



It is difficult to get a picture of my Chad.  
He is not fond of the camera.  
We went to disneyland last week while the kids were on spring break and I caught him in a unexpecting moment.  
He is a sweet boy.  13 is tough.  I remember.  He is handling it quite well though.  It has been more difficult for him to deal will his brother being gone.  
The other night, we had just arrived home from a baby blessing for our nephew in Huntington Beach and, Chad was asking me if I had to get my lesson prepared for seminary.  I told him that I had an inservice meeting the next morning and did not have to prepare a lesson.  
He shouted, 
"Hooray.... I call the seat next to mom on the couch!"

My heart melted a little bit.  

13 is big.  It's teenager status.  I am happy to say though, that it isn't too old to still want to curl up next to your mom while you watch TV.  I know there wont be too many more moments like this. 
I can hope though.

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

love that....and love Kate in your dress :>) I really did mean to come visit you this week and time is slipping away and we are leaving this weekend for Utah...maybe when we get back? It has been awhile!!!

Jolene Warren said...

You are so wrong about that!! Morgan is 19 and still has her "mommy moments". Sooo heart melting, I love it!!