I am sad that I didn't think to take a family portrait on Easter Sunday.
We usually do every year.
Is it lame that I can't bring myself to take one with one of our kids missing?
I couldn't help myself either,
I had to set out Tanner's Easter basket
even though I sent his Easter gifts in a package last week.
Phillip laughed pretty hard at me and my issues.
What can I say? I have no defense.
I just feel his absence in everything.
Emily had youth conference and was absent too this weekend.
We missed having her around.
We remember, all too well, what the next year will be like for her and us
after experiencing it once with Tanner already.
I can not believe that she will be a Senior!
It was extra strange having just 2 kids at home.
I am not well prepared for all these changes.
My family is shrinking
and I do not care for it much.
I look forward to the day when it starts to grow again
with daughter in laws and son in laws
and then...
Grandchildren!
We are blessed and so full of hope for our future.
I love my family
and our extended family too.
Here is our day in pictures
















2 comments:
Whenever I hear things like this it makes me want 20 children. Okay, maybe not 20, but a lot.
Those pictures of Kate and Miles are so precious. She is such a doll!
Looks like you had a fun Easter with Kayla's family and Grandma and Grandpa.
Good thing you have a big huge family of Holmes nieces & nephews to fill in. Cute chocolate goodies too! Grampa Davis would have loved those.
Post a Comment