Thursday, April 7, 2011

Motivation

Just thinking about that word a lot lately.

It is true that, as a mom, my main motivation is love... 
in my best moments
and even in some of my bad ones.

I know the love is still there in abundance
however
the motivation is lacking.
It's like my tank of motivation is empty and 
I need to do something or go somewhere to fill it up.

The problem is
I just don't know where one fills that particular kind of tank up.

It is the tank that motivates me to do laundry, dishes, fix meals, clean up mud rooms, get the dust off the base boards, organize the office or go through the two foot tall stack of mail and misc papers littering my desk.
 
It is the tank that motivates me to help resolve disagreements, explain something complicated, or, 
heaven forbid, 
repeat myself.
  
It's also the tank that motivates me to 
tolerate the moans and groans I receive after asking children to pick up after them selves, 
brush their teeth, do chores or tell them what is for dinner.

I think it is an important tank.
I'd pay big money for this kind of high octane gas.
Sometimes I think this gas is hidden in chocolate somewhere.
But it isn't.

That is where I found a double chin though... 
just in case you were looking for one.












4 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

I want that tank too!!! I need it so desperately right now. I can't keep up and I feel you!

the Chandler chronicles said...

So that's where my double chin came from--as I like my chocoaltely fingers while typing this. Thanks for posting this and letting me know how human you are too--since I think you're Wonder Woman incarnate! (you really are:)

Marcie said...

Yes in a large dose please. You are obviously motivated - Awesomeness surrounds you. XOXOXO

Jolene Warren said...

You just need to get your kids off to school, cancel all of your appt.s for the day, and start cleaning. It is SOOOO hard to do! The next step, you get your kids home and get homework done, then order take-out. Get a little alone time after the kids go to bed, and hopefully... by the next morning, you'll have enough fuel to get to the gas station! hehe