This is how I spent my birthday this year. Balboa Island and some of my favorite people...
and lets not forget the frozen chocolate banana.
It was a good news and bad news kind of day.
The bad news is that I turned 41! I am not sure how that happened but it is evident in many many ways and I can not deny it. The good news is that it has lit a fire in me that hasn't burned for a long time. Like a decade long time. Perhaps it is that now 2 of my kids are off to college or that I have 3 not too big church responsibilities instead of one giant one for the first time in 9 years. I don't know for sure, but I like it. I think coming to terms with my age just makes me want to prove to myself that i may be old but i am not dead. So hear is to getting strong.
Phillip gave me thee best gift ever this year also. He told me that he was renting a uhaul and he said I was allowed to throw anything away/donate anything I wanted to until our garage was all cleaned out. It took from 8am to 5 pm but you can bet i took him up on his offer. He then had the floor coated and bought new cabinets and bins and we have been organizing and repacking our garage over the last couple of months. It's a big job but let me just say here... it has changed my life! I feel like I have lost 50 lbs! or like someone just added more memory power to my brain. I have always felt like clutter made my brain work slower and less effectively. It' true it's true!
During the process.
after the floor was finished
new cabinets.
I will post a final picture soon. We need a couple more cabinets and we are still waiting for a few wall mounts for the bikes etc. to come in the mail. But, isn't this a breath of fresh air? It makes me giddy. Im serious guys. I not kidding.
It has been a busy few months.
Emily graduated from high school
It's moments like these, you know the hard earned ones... that bring deeply profound satisfaction. Emily has become such a lovely, kind, caring, and thoughtful young woman! If I could just remind all the moms of young kids who are going through rough phases to hang on. Keep parenting and dont give up because one day all the things you are teaching your kids sink in!
Emily graduated from high school
It's moments like these, you know the hard earned ones... that bring deeply profound satisfaction. Emily has become such a lovely, kind, caring, and thoughtful young woman! If I could just remind all the moms of young kids who are going through rough phases to hang on. Keep parenting and dont give up because one day all the things you are teaching your kids sink in!
Mother's day 2012










No comments:
Post a Comment