So much has transpired in my life over the last year. Many
wonderful things came about in 2013, but the road was painful and hard.
Phillip and I celebrated 23 years of marriage in Laguna beach. It proved to be the calm before the storm.
We
welcomed Tanner home from Bogota Colombia after a scary 2 to 3 day
ordeal and traumatic but brief hospital stay in NewYork City. I will
never forget the way my heart felt during that time. It ached in ways I
never knew were possible. Those days in March I reached a new low
and felt the highest high. I was exhausted but I am sure it was
nothing compared to how Tanner was feeling. Getting that boy back home
was such a relief. I cried as I grabbed him into my arms. BEST.
FEELING. EVER. He is doing great, got a job and worked hard before
heading back to school at BYU Idaho. He also, just recently celebrated
his 22nd birthday! He is majoring in Mechanical Engineering and is
having quite the adventure trying to remember calculus after spending 2
years forgetting about it. He will get through it and will build
amazing things some day. He is so determined and wont rest until he
accomplishes his goals. If we could just convince him that sleeping is
super important. We love him and he brings us so much joy. (Joy is
such a small word it just doesn't do the feeling justice.)
A
bright spot in 2013 was also Emily thriving at BYU Idaho. It has been
such a blessing that she has met so many wonderful new friends and is
loving her major... and minor. I love hearing about her culinary
adventures. She got very excited about the deep frying section of one
of her school books. I think her friends and roommates are the ones who
benefit most from her culinary studies. It can all be so fun but
learning to be away from home and grow up is hard work. I miss her at
home so much but know she right where she should be. We have no doubt
that she will do all she has set out to do! She found a job in the
spring on campus. She was recently promoted and is excited to be making
a little more money! We are so thankful for her and her good life. We
love her.
Chad got through his freshman year of high
school alright. Flew through the work and flew past 6'2 ... 6'3 ...
6'4.... 6'5 and is now 6'6. I speak often of his height but Chad is so
much more than his stature. Sometimes we get stuck on the obvious with
people. That boy thinks deeply about life and works so hard. All my
kids are like this is some way but Chad is probably our most serious
Child. He is growing up fast! I think the only way he knows how to
relax is to play hard on a skateboard, surfboard, basketball court or
guitar. (JV basketball this year.) He doesn't seem to rest until he
masters things. I find myself telling him to find a way to clear his
head and relax, often. Would it sound contradictory if I also said that
he a needs a swift kick in the rear to take out the trash and mow the
lawn, sometimes. Haha. We do adore him.
Kate finished
up 6th grade and started 7th. She changed dance studios which
proved to be more difficult than we realized. Its rough being the new
girl and having to be critiqued when your 12. Who am I kidding, that
would stink at any age. She decided to focus more on ballet for one
more year and then I think she may like to play some v o l l e y b a l
l!! Thats right! I can't wait! She is also growing fast, it will be fun
to see how tall she gets. I was 5ft 10 by 8th grade. I think she is
about 5'6 5'7 now. She has missed having Tanner and Emily home but is
learning to get used to the change. Arguing with Chad helps her pass
the time. They will grow out of it. right? Were bracing for the teenage
years but we do love her so much!
At church this past
year, actually the day Tanner arrived, our ward split and we lost some
dear friends to the change in boundaries. We welcomed a new bishopric,
whom we love, but said goodbye to leaders we had grown to love and
appreciate for their kind service and good lives. By fall our Stake
split as well and we went from 15 wards down to 7. While we enjoy how
it affords us an opportunity to foster stronger friendships with those
closer to our neighborhoods, it has been hard to not see those on the
other side of the stake as often. We will miss them all. Lots and lots
of change! but I am grateful that it served as a good distraction from
some of the more personal trials the year brought.
Phillip
and I both have new positions at church and we are learning a lot from
the challenge. Phillip is now teaching seminary at 6am each school day
like i did for couple of years and I was recently called as the director
of Public Affairs for our new Lake Elsinore Stake. I am still helping
out in a ward calling too (relief society meeting leader or what ever
the title is now) We're, both, hoping the hardest part of the change is
behind us. We both just need to keep plugging along and we will get the
hang of things eventually. We know that, in time, these opportunities
to serve will prove to bring about many blessings in our lives.
Phil
Holmes Design is still going strong and we count our blessing each and
every day that we are able to afford to pay for two kids in college at
the same time! Phillip works hard at his job and we feel blessed that he
is willing to sacrifice so much to support our family. He started
swimming again, this last summer. He is making some waves at the gym
pool and a few new friends too. I like to watch him swim near the end
of his workouts. I stand at the glass and am always amazed how he is
able to glide across the water and make it look so effortless. I love
it.
We enjoyed an extended family vacation on house
boats on Lake Shasta this last summer with my Dad and his wife, my
little sister and her new fiance, my mom and her husband (yes you read
that right), my brother and his wife and kids and some of her family
too. The weather was perfect, the water was awesome, having all the
family there was wonderful and the relaxation was heaven-sent. My
favorite part was sleeping on the roof of the boat under the stars with
Phillip and all four of our kids. I had to pinch myself as I watched
them sleep so peacefully right there next to me, just like old times.
They will always be my babies.
The holidays were filled with mostly coughing and throwing up. It was quite the way to end the year.
All this remembering... it's making me tired. The good was so good but the trials, I'd really like to forget now.
Happy 2014! I already feel like its going to be a year long deep breath. I am so ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
love you and your family! Not sure what issues you have been going through, but I hope the worst is behind you. Call me if you ever want to talk, I may not be your VT any more but I am most certainly still your friend :>)
I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.
173视讯 , 173影音 , 6699影音视讯聊天室 , 173影音视讯直播 , ut视讯聊天室 , mmbox视讯网 , 夏娃视讯 , showlive聊天网 , 美女视讯 , 伊莉视频影片区
Post a Comment