Friday, January 22, 2010

The apron

A while back I posted a picture of 


THEE cutest apron I had ever seen. 


 I wanted to make it, but probably knew at the time, I never would.





I do that sometimes a lot;


see things, fall in love, envision these things as a part of my life, wish I had the energy to make them, 


then move on.


Just not a priority for me?  I guess.  
Actually, I don't have any idea why I do this and the more I think about it, the more I would like to figure this out. Perhaps I need to watch Elder Uchtdorf's message on create again?

I wont try to figure that out here though. Not now. 
(I know you are thanking me right now for sparing you the psycho-babble 
so...You are welcome.)


Anyhoo,


I got such a sweet surprise yesterday, in the mail.
A dear friend of mine, who use to live here, and who I miss a ton because I sort of felt like we were meant to be friends forever kind of friends-

like in the same neighborhood, 
friends forever kind of friend.

Like my Chad and her Chad could play sports together until they left on their missions at the same time, forever kind of friend.


Like hang out on a rainy day and bake cookies together and dream up projects, (that she would really do and I would just talk about) 
forever kind of friend.


Like bad stuff has happened and I can't get right with it and I need a spiritual slap in the face, 
forever kind of friend.


Well you get it, THAT kind of friend.


She is the salt of the earth people.  Kind, warm, FUNNY, spiritual, inspiring, cute, creative, has FABULOUS taste, and is just plain lovable.


Guess what she did for me...


she made me that apron.




Yes she did.
And in true friend form, 
she even remembered my love affair with ric rac...
and how did she know I am obsessed with red and turquoise right now?


I just can't believe she would do that for me.
Her timing is perfect and 
I just don't know what to say to match this warm feeling that this gesture has put into my heart.
so I'm just going to say


THANK YOU TRISHA!


I already wore it this morning while I made oatmeal,
I feel so cute momlike and sassy wifelike in it!
(two of my favorite roles)

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT


and I love you.

You are one amazing forever kind of friend. 
Even if you must live so far away!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

You really are too funny! I am glad you like it. It's not quite as cute as the original but hey! I bet you look darling wearing it!

Sara said...

its WAY cuter than the original and you made it in my size... TALL. xoxo

the Chandler chronicles said...

Ooooooh! This is so cute--the apron too ;) What a blessing to have such an awesome friend like this :)

Wendy Ferguson said...

ok. that.is.so.cute!!!
What an awesome friend. I've been craving a little apron making over here for some time. By golly...i'm gonna do it!

Sheryl said...

I know you are that kind of friend to Trisha too...that's why you now have that amazingly adorable apron of your very own!

The Nay Family said...

Aren't aprons fun? That one is soooo cute!!! What a wonderful friend you are, Trisha! :)