Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Mother's Work is Never Done

As a mother, rarely, are our jobs ever really finished.  
Like laundry, while we can be "caught up", its just a matter of hours or sometimes even minutes before there is more to do.
And dishes, 3 times a day, on a good day, and we can always count on there being more tomorrow.
(Don't even get me started about how we are never done parenting 
or how long it takes to notice if your kids will turn out alright.)

If you are a mother you understand,
What is clean one minute is dirty the next.
It feels endless 
and sometimes fruitless 
and our work really is never ever done.

I think that is why I tend to get discouraged occasionally.
When I measure how exhausted I am 
with how much I have to show for it
I am usually quite disappointed.   
There just isn't a general sense of accomplishment 
but there is definitely always something to be working on.

When I start to feel a little hopeless 
I know it is time to switch things up.
I need to make a difference; 
A noticeable one that won't be undone in 5 minutes.
I need a project that has a beginning and an end, 
bears fruit, 
and can be checked of the list never to appear on it again.  
That's what I am talking about;
checking something off my list that I know 
won't be on there again tomorrow! 
It's like a victory of sorts;
an I DID IT moment.
Everyone needs a little pat on the back every now and then 
even if you awkwardly have to give it to yourself.  (sarcastic exhale.)

So, this is what I did...
Lots and lots and lots of old photos needed a new home 
because my closet was tired of them living there.
Since our old wall unit has been updated (thank you Mike),
it was feeling generous and invited the old photos to move in. Yea!

Before



After



Ahhh,
It feels so good. 
Now, back to the dishes.

No comments: