Thursday, October 20, 2011

So school started and even though I have been resisting the schedule 
there is no doubt about it now, 
we are in it.

Here is my my senior on her first day of school! 
I type it so I can digest it.
Emily is 17 and started filling out her college applications this week.  
I am thankful that at least I know what is coming, 
having gone through this once with Tanner already.
However, having gone through this once already
I also 
know what is coming...
if you know what I mean.




 Emily and her best friend since kindergarten.  
A whole foot apart in height... but connected at the heart. 
We love Gigi!  
We give her a pretty hard time about her short stature.  
It's just so obvious when she hangs out with our family of giants.  The last time we all went out to dinner and Gigi joined us the hostess looked at Gigi and asked, 
"So will it just be the one kids menu? Hahaha.  
She is a good sport. 


Chad is in 8th grade this year.  
He wears a size 13 shoe 
and is almost as tall as Emily at about 5' 10".  
Last year of Jr. High for him and for all of us since our elementary school just went k-8.  Hallelujah!
He absolutely can not stand to have his picture taken and so you can almost see how painful this was for him.



 poor tortured child...
and then there is Kate. 
"Is it my turn yet?"
Kate is my baby who just happens to be a 5th grader this year.
UHG.



  I remember 5th grade.  
I also distinctly remembering that I wasn't any one's baby anymore.
Darn it.



1 comment:

Heidi said...

WOW!! your babies arent babies.
As I was reading you post on facebook about tanner being gone on his mission, it was weird just to read that. and now Emily going to COLLEGE? Oh geez!