Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Senior Crown


It is real.
They are official seniors now sporting their senior crowns.
Emily's, appropriately, is decorated with some cute 
cupcake wrappers. 
It's amazing to me that while I can look at this picture as see that my Emily has grown up I still can't help remembering that little girl who use to wear her fathers shoes and dance on the coffee table in her pajamas and try to talk with her binki in her mouth.  She is a sweet, compassionate, loving, young woman with her whole life ahead of her.  She is full of anticipation for the next phase in her life and with her father's sense of adventure I am certain that she will take on college like a pro.  
How could I not be anything but excited for her?
Perhaps I'd do better to not ask that question right now.



The older I get the more I feel my heart swell when I see true joy in my children's eyes.  
The true joy that comes from living virtuously 
and close to the Lord. 
I am so thankful for my sweet Emily.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love it all! Matt and I often talk about how we hope our children end up like yours... close to the Lord & happy to live the gospel with good friends in the gospel.