Thursday, July 3, 2008

End of the school year awards for Chad and Kate


Kate received a special gold medal for her achievement in reading.  It's called the 1st grade pineapple awards because they receive a gift certificate to Islands restaurant.   She had to master 1000 site words to earn it.  Some of the kids received silver medals for 500 words and just a certificate for 250 words.  She earned the highest honor.  I have to say, she really did earn this on her own.  She would bring me her sheet a words every night and ask me to quiz her and sign her off on another set, consistently, all year long.  She was determined to achieve.  Great job Kate... we're so proud of you!


Chad also received an award to Islands restaurant.  He earned his for all A's and one B on his report card.  He has made honor roll every semester since he started receiving grades.  Smarty pants!  I'd like to say I take all the credit for his grades too, but not so.  Chad is a high achiever and will accept nothing less from himself.  Great job Chad, we love you.  (He hated posing for this picture in front of his friends.)

These are the treasured moments I never want to forget.  I'm so blessed to be a Mom to these intelligent and beautiful kids...Do they even know how much they are loved?

No comments: